Saturday, December 1, 2012

St. Augustine trip

Over the Thanksgiving holiday, I had the opportunity to visit the oldest schoolhouse in the United States. This was located in St. Augustine, Florida and such a great experience for me. I was able to take a tour of the schoolhouse and see the antiques that have been preserved and on display in the schoolhouse. I was actually able to ring the old schoolhouse bell that rang for the start of the school day. I felt such emotion when I was inside and tried to imagine what it would have been like to be an educator during that time. It was such a great experience that when I came back to school, I had to share the experience with my teammates. They also shared in on my excitement and wished the could have experience the same opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment